Calaisio products bring timeless design, quality, and durability, as well as being sustainable, and giving back to the communities in which they were produced. Woven in remote villages of the South Pacific, each piece includes a card with the artisans name, and the hours they spent weaving the particular product, which is typically 1 to 7 days depending on the piece. The water vines are very difficult to harvest, as they are located in remote areas of the jungle, however once reaped, they grow back quickly without damage to the forest, making them a sustainable material. They are barely 1/4th as thick as rattan, but are more durable, heat-resistant, and beautiful. Earnings help the artisans and their villages, providing them with better food, health care and transportation. Calaisio also then donates a portion of its profits back to the native villages, further improving education and infrastructure.
- 2 Dish Size: 10" L x 6" W x 1.75 H.
- 3 Dish Size: 16" L x 6" W x 1.75 H.
- 100% lead and cadmium free.
- Hand-made from durable, heat resistant water vines.
- Ceramic Pullivuyt inserts, made in France.
- Pullivuyt inserts are oven, microwave, dishwasher and freezer safe.
- Sustainable materials.
- Made by local artisans in the South Pacific.
Calaisio donates a portion of its profits back to the native villages of the artisans, further improving education and infrastructure.