Santa Rosa Mexican Church Candles
The Santa Rosa Candles are handmade by bathing layer after layer of high-grade paraffin over a central wick using centuries-old methods. The warm color of the Santa Rosa Candles is achieved by melting actual amber (crystallized tree sap) into the wax. Each candle comes with a stamp of “Santa Rosa” in gold, denoting the patron saint of the candle workshop. The candles are unscented, and are traditionally used in churches and cathedrals throughout Mexico.
- Hand poured.
- Unscented, smokeless, dripless.
- Made in Mexico.
Due to the handmade nature of these items, there may be variations in color.
- Before each lighting, trim wick to 1/8 inch. This will greatly extend the burning time of the candle.
- Do not burn candles in areas where there is a strong draft or breeze (preventing the candle from burning slowly and evenly).
- Votive and column-style candles will “pool in” on themselves, and will burn for many hours.
- Taper candles are NOT dripless, and will burn down, and require attention to this fact.
- Some slight smoke is emitted from burning candles.
- These candles are fragrance-free
- Store candles in a cool, dark place.
- Tapers stored upright or in sunlight will bend. Store tapers on their sides in a cool, dark place.
- As these candles are handmade, slight variations in the size and color of the candles can occur.
- 1The color of the candles deepens with time and exposure to light, ranging from cream to amber in color.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.